I make these several times a year. Everyone loves these. Easy, hot, sweet, and good.
Sweet-Hot No-Cook Pickles
More From Southern Living
Stand: 1 Hour
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (46-oz.) jar dill pickles, drained
- 18 Thai chile peppers*
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1. Cut pickles into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Make 4 lengthwise slits in each chile pepper, keeping stem end intact. Layer pickle slices alternately with peppers in pickle jar.
- 2. Gradually add sugar, tapping bottom of jar gently on a flat surface to allow sugar to settle in jar. Add vinegar. Cover with lid, and let stand at room temperature 1 hour, shaking jar occasionally. Chill 8 hours, shaking jar occasionally to ensure even chile pepper heat distribution. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- *2 large jalapeño peppers, sliced, may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mt. Olive Kosher Dill Pickles.
- Sweet No-Cook Pickles: Omit peppers. Cut pickles as directed in Step 1; return to pickle jar. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments