The vinegar!!! way too much vinegar!!
Sweet-Hot Asian Noodle Bowl
This Asian noodle bowl is great cold, so plan to take leftovers to work. Store your bottle of dark sesame oil in the fridge. The oil will solidify, so let it come to room temperature before measuring.
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 16 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (15-ounce) can cut baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a large Dutch oven; drain and return pasta to Dutch oven.
- Pour vinegar mixture over hot cooked pasta. Add baby corn and next 5 ingredients, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot or cold.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Lee Kum Kee Chili Garlic Sauce, found in the Asian section of large supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note