Sweet Green Tomato Cornmeal Muffins
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups seeded, diced green tomatoes (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sauté tomatoes and 2 Tbsp. sugar in 2 Tbsp. melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes or until tomatoes begin to caramelize and turn light brown.
- 2. Stir together cornmeal mix, lemon zest, and remaining 6 Tbsp. sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together eggs, sour cream, and remaining 6 Tbsp. butter; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in tomatoes.
- 3. Generously coat small (1/4 cup) brioche molds or muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray; spoon batter into molds, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 450° for 15 to 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This