I really loved this recipe. While I normally love a lot of spice and more flavor in my dishes, I thought this simple sauce was delicious. I made it as written but also stir-fried some veggies (onion, red bell pepper, carrot and celery and some fresh pineapple chunks) and thickened some of the sauce in with them to serve with the rice and chicken. The sauce didn't over-power anything but instead let the flavor of the chicken, rice and vegetables come through but added a nice moist, sweetness. Reminded me of the simple stir-fry dishes that were served to my mission team while we were in Cambodia. Will definitely make again.
Sweet Glazed Chicken Thighs
This simple chicken dish becomes a whole lot more savory when stuck in a slow cooker. The sweet juice mixture gives the chicken its undeniably delicious flavor. Serve over hot cooked rice.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Stir pineapple juice into drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour juice mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Increase heat to HIGH. Combine 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl; add to sauce in slow cooker, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly with whisk.
- 3. Place rice on each of 6 plates. Top with chicken thighs and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note