Sweet Fire Chicken [panda express]
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- chicken breasts
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup cornstarch (more may be needed)
- 1 cup flour (more may be needed)
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- vegetable oil (for frying, or oil of your choice)
- Sweet Fire Sauce
- 2 red jalapenos, chopped fine (you can adjust the amount according to your heat preference)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- For the chicken, dip strips in flour. I usually do this by putting the chicken strips in a big zip-top bag with the flour in it, and shake until all of the chicken pieces are evenly covered with flour. Next, drop the chicken strips in the beaten egg. Again, I do this all at once. Just make sure the egg is in a big bowl, dump all of the chicken strips in, and evenly coat. Lastly, dip in cornstarch. This time the process is a little more precise, so I take about one-third of the strips and toss them in a zip-top bag with cornstarch. Lay them on a wire rack to prep for frying, and repeat the process. This method is pretty messy, and if you have another way of doing it, feel free to do it! =).
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium-high heat. Carefully lay chicken strips into the oil. Be careful to not crowd the pan. Fry the strips for about 1 minute, and then flip them over. Once they are evenly goldish-brown, and appear to be crispy, remove them from the oil and lay on a wire cooling rack lined with paper towels to allow the excess oil to drain off of them. Set aside and make the sauce.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients, except for cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water, in a food processor. Blend until the ingredients are well combined, and garlic and jalapeño is finely minced into the liquid. Next, place the mixture into a medium saucepan, and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and water in a separate container to form a thick paste. Incorporate paste into the simmering sauce. Whisk together, until the sauce starts to thicken slightly. Remove from heat, and toss in pineapple chunks (or use fresh pineapple if you prefer it).
- In a large skillet, heat the sauce to a simmering, and add the fried chicken strips. Simmer for about five minutes, or until all of the chicken strips are well coated and reheated (if they were set aside to cool for a long time). Serve over white rice, or by itself. However you prefer!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 135Grayland and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Fire Chicken [panda express] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes