1. Heat oven to 425*F. Peel and quarter the apple, then trim away the core. Thinly slice the quarters.
2. In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon with fork. Add the apple slices and toss until well coated.
3. Slice the butter into two equal pieces and place them in a 9- or 10-inch galss pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Put the pan in the oven until the butter melts, about 2 minutes, then use an oven mitt or hot handle holder to remove it from the oven, and swirl the pan to coat its surface.
4. Spread the apples over the bottom of the pan. Bake until the apples have softened slightly and the butter is bubbling and beginning to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the batter. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla, and the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Blend the ingredients on medium speed until well mixed and frothy, about 1 minute.
6. Use an oven mitt to carefully remove dish from oven. Pour the batter over the apples, then bake the pancake until it's puffy and golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool slightly on a wire rack. (Note: it will deflate quite a bit while cooling) Dust the pancake with confectioner's sugar and cut into wedges before serving.
Go to full version of