Delicious, but use coconut milk instead of fat-free milk.
Sweet Curried Shrimp
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.6g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 167mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Peel shrimp; coat shrimp with cooking spray. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add shrimp, and cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Remove shrimp, and set aside.
- Coat onion with cooking spray; increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, and cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together milk and flour in a bowl. Add milk mixture, sugar, and next 4 ingredients to pan; cook 4 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, and cook until thoroughly heated. Stir peas into hot rice; serve shrimp over rice mixture. Garnish with peanuts and green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note