Sweet Corn Spoonbread
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 8.0g
- Carbohydrate: 29.6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 133mg
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk. Gradually whisk in cornmeal and salt. Simmer 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently with a whisk. Remove from heat. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in corn.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Pour batter into dish.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden, and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables