- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely diced leeks
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko, divided
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Champagne-Citrus Beurre Blanc
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, leeks, and onion, and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside to cool.
Stir eggs, herbs, and mayonnaise into vegetables. Stir in salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup panko. Fold crabmeat into vegetables; form mixture into 8 cakes.
Place remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow bowl; coat crab cakes in panko to cover.
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté crab cakes, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Turn crab cakes over, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with Champagne-Citrus Beurre Blanc.