Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 cup(s) unsalted cashews
- 1 cup(s) unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 1. Preheat oven to 325.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 3. Place egg white in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Add the almonds, cashews, and pumpkinseeds; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with spice mixture; toss well to coat. Spread nuts in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, stirring once. Turn oven off. Remove pan from oven; stir snack mix. Immediately return pan to oven for an additional 15 minutes (leave oven off). Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack; cool completely. Store snack mix in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Yield: about 3 1/2 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JDBain and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks
More Recipes for Main Dishes