- 1 Leftover Chinese restaurant take-out rice (or fresh steamed white rice)
- 2 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Grated fresh ginger
- 1 Block (14 ounce) extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Bag (1 pound) baby spinach
- 1 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Honey
- 1 Sambal
- 2 Toasted (Asian) sesame oil
- 1/2 Bunch scallions, sliced into small rounds
- Tyler Florence
How to Make It
Heat up a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add a 2-count of sesame oil and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the tofu and gently toss until lightly browned, some tofu will break down a little, which is fine. In a mixing bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, sambal and add to the skillet with tofu, ginger and garlic. Stir together until well combined. Once the tofu is golden, add the spinach and sauté gently for 1 minute, tossing to combine. Continue to cook until heated through.
Take the cooked rice and fold into the sauce. Give it a good toss then garnish with some fresh chopped scallions.