Sweet Chex Mix
- 1 box(es) Rice Chex
- 1 box(es) Corn Chex
- 1 box(es) Wheat Chex
- 1 box(es) Honey Nut Chex
- 2 jar(s) Honey Roasted Peanuts 16 oz
- 1 can(s) Mixed Nuts
- 1 bag(s) Pretzel sticks
- 4 stick(s) Butter Salted or unsalted
- 1 bottle(s) Worchestershire sauce (Woo sauce)
- 1/4 cup(s) Honey More or less to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) Brown sugar more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 275. In a small sauce pan melt two sticks of butter and half the brown sugar.
- In two large turkey roaster aluminum pans, (recommend these so you can throw them out and they are perfect size) start layering the cereal, nuts and pretzels. About quarter of each in each pan for each layer - two layers total per pan. Drizzle butter and brown sugar on each complete layer and drizzle small Woo sauce over entire pan layer to cover lightly. Melt remaining butter and sugar. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and stir from bottom up. Drizzle part of butter mixture, honey and woo sauce. Cook another 15-20 min. Repeat for about 2-3 hours. Make sure all cereal has been coated and that the honey on the peanuts has melted off. Once the cereal and pretzels are nicely coated and you've samples enough to be full then it's most likely done. Let sit on stove till cool then put in about 6 Large ZipLoc containers and distribute to all.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margiek123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Chex Mix Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks