- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine milk and egg, stirring well; pour evenly over flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Roll to 1-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/4-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: Sweet Biscuits may be frozen until needed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note