Easy recipe and great taste - perfect for an aperitif!
Sweet Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer*
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over top. Bake 10 more minutes.
- *Non-alcoholic or light beer may be substituted.
- Cheddar-Chive Beer Bread: Add 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives to dry ingredients. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads