Sweet Apple and Mustard-Glazed Turkey
For Christmas dinner, try a ready-to-cook turkey and apply our sweet apple and mustard glaze for dazzling results.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (12-lb.) ready-to-cook frozen turkey (we tested with Jennie-O)
- 1 (18-oz.) jar apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Follow package directions carefully for baking turkey (while still frozen), allowing last 30 minutes of baking for adding glaze. (A 12-lb. frozen turkey should take 3 1/2 to 4 hours to reach 170° in the breast.)
- Combine jelly and mustard in a small saucepan, stirring well. Bring glaze mixture to a boil; boil 1 minute or until jelly is melted. Remove from heat. Set aside 1 cup glaze for serving.
- When ready to apply glaze to turkey, carefully cut open top of oven bag, watching out for hot steam and juices. Pull bag away from top of turkey. Brush remaining 2/3 cup glaze over turkey in 2 additions during last 30 minutes of baking. Serve turkey with reserved 1 cup glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note