al fresco® Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Spinach Salad with Pecans & Goat Cheese
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Sodium: 720mg
- 1 12oz package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon (squeeze 1/2 of lemon over pear slices to keep from turning brown, zest other 1/4 for salad topper)
- 1/2 pear (Bosc, Asian or Bartlett), very thinly sliced
- 7 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup light blush wine vinaigrette
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1. Coat a small sauté pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Lightly saut® the pecans for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring. Add the sugar and cinnamon, and toss to coat, remove from heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare a medium skillet with cooking spray, pan brown or grill the al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausages over medium high heat. Turn, browning all sides. Slice sausages on the diagonal 1/4" thick.
- 3. Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl, add the red onion, radicchio and pear slices. Toss with the blush wine vinaigrette and divide among six salad plates.
- 4. Top with the pecans, goat cheese, twist of freshly grated black pepper and a touch of lemon zest. Arrange the sweet apple chicken sausage slices over the salad.
- Serve immediately with crusty French Bread, or hearty whole wheat rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads