Sweet Apple and Spiced Winter Squash Soup
A little sweet twist on Winter Squash Soup I whipped up one day, & it was a huge hit with the family. Heavy enough to fill you up, and goes great with oyster crackers!* *completely optional
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 2 carton(s) Frozen Winter Squash
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Orange Juice chilled
- 1 cup(s) Shredded Carrots
- 2 tablespoon(s) Salted Butter
- 1 package(s) Ramen Chicken Flavoring
- 1/2 whole(s) Tomatoe
- 1/4 cup(s) Canned Corn
- 1/4 whole(s) Small Cucumber
- 1/2 whole(s) Red Pepper
- 1/2 whole(s) Yellow or Green Apple
- 1/2 whole(s) Onion
- 1 clove(s) Garlic
- 1 dash(es) Basil
- 1 dash(es) Parsaley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by setting aside the vegetables:
- -Wash and Shred Carrots set 1 cup aside
- -Open can of corn and set aside 1/4 cup of corn
- -Slice small cucumber into an uneven 6 or 7 sliced circles- cut those circles into small cubes, and set aside
- -Cut 1/2 of tomatoe into small cubed pieces
- -Cut 1/2 red pepper into small cubed pieces
- -Cut 1/2 of an onion into small pieces & separate into two separate piles
- (You will need half of the onions later)
- In a small sauce pot pour 2 cups of water
- Add Ramen Chicken Flavoring to water & stir
- Turn the heat on low
- Add all the vegtables one at a time from above
- Leave half of the onion pieces still to the side
- Cover and leave on low heat until it boils
- Cut the apple in half and dice set aside
- In another pot pour the 1 1/2 cups of Orange juice
- Add 1 table spoon of butter
- Add diced apples
- Add extra onions
- Turn heat up to Medium-High heat and wait for it to boil
- The other pot will more than likely boil first, turn heat to low, and let it simmer until the second pot boils.
- When second pot boils add Frozen Winter Squash and the other tablespoon of butter, turn heat down to Low-Medium heat.
- As it cooks stir occasionally to break up Frozen Squash after it is all broken up and has cooked into the orange juice, apples, and onions let it sit. Turn heat up to Medium-High heat & let this pot boil once again.
- When this boils again -Add the pot of vegetables slowly into the the pot of orange juice, onions, and apples.
- Stir soup occasionally Salt & Pepper to taste, until it boils all together.
- Serve with Oyster Crackers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lauraahowardx3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note