Sweet Angels on Horseback
We’re not sure why the classic dish got the name “angels on horseback,” but we love the sweet flavor pure maple syrup adds to this easy oyster appetizer.
More From Coastal Living
- 12 shucked and drained oysters
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of hot sauce
- 6 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Microwave bacon at HIGH 2 minutes to 2 1/2 minutes or until edges begin to get crisp. Wrap each oyster with 1 piece bacon; secure with a wooden pick. Place on a lightly greased oil-lined baking sheet; brush with 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- 4. Broil 3 inches from heat 6 to 9 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Brush with remaining syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine