Sweet-and-Tart Red Cabbage Coleslaw
Pineapple juice and sugar sweeten this German-style coleslaw.
Yield: Makes 8 cups
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 5 to 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Whisk together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Add cabbage and next 3 ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads