Sweet and Tangy Sauteed Collard Greens
from Mike Burns
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 vidalia onion sliced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) collard greens rinsed, trimmed
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger root grated
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- pinch(s) salt and pepper
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in collard greens, in batches if necessary, until they wilt slightly and all fit in the skillet. Pour in water and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and tender, 5 to 7 minutes, regulating heat to prevent burning. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, honey, ginger and butter together in a serving bowl for dressing. Add greens to bowl and toss with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gigimuirheid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Tangy Sauteed Collard Greens Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables