Sweet-and-Tangy Braised Kale With Smoked Turkey
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh kale
- 1 (0.75-lb.) smoked turkey leg
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. Thoroughly wash greens. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Remove skin and meat from turkey leg, discarding skin and bone. Coarsely chop meat.
- 3. Sauté chopped turkey and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add vinegar, chicken broth, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add greens, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbsp. maple syrup; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes or until greens are tender. Serve immediately.
- Note: For a milder flavor, reduce cider vinegar to 1/3 cup and maple syrup to 1 Tbsp.; increase chicken broth to 1/2 cup. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note