Sweet-and-Spicy Mustard Sauce
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a small bowl.
- 2. Cook remaining 2/3 cup milk in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes or just until bubbles appear. (Do not boil.) Whisk in mustard mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes; whisk in vinegar. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This