Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Slices
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) cucumber peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Minced red onion
- Place cucumber slices in a colander sitting over a bowl, sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let sit for 1 hour refrigerated. Toss the cukes a few times while they drain as well. While cucumber slices are draining, prepare marinade below.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and red pepper in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook until reduced to a 1/3 cup (about 10 minutes). If for some reason you boil for too long, just add a little water until you have 1/3 C. Remove reduction from heat and add onion. Let mixture cool to room temp.
- When cucumbers are done resting, pat them dry with a few paper towels and then combine with the vinegar reduction. This can be served immediately, but for best results refrigerate until well chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by randiayn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Slices Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads