- 2 cups seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds assorted baby vegetables (carrots, zucchini, pattypan squash)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) fresh ginger slices, peeled
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cut baby vegetables in half, if desired. Combine baby vegetables and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetable mixture. Toss well. Let stand 2 hours. Cover and chill 24 hours before serving, stirring occasionally. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Note: Vegetable mixture can be evenly divided among 4 (1-pt.) jars.