Sweet and Sour Smoked Sausages
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) Smoked Sausage 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can(s) 8 oz. pineapple chunks juice reserved for another use
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 2/3 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 4 1/2 cup(s) hot cooked rice
- 1. Start the rice
- 2. Combine brown sugar through cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. Heat skillet on medium-high for 3 minutes. Add sausages, onions and peppers; cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender, 6-7 minutes.
- 4. Stir in drained pineapple and prepared sauce, cook until heated through and sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Serve over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes