Sweet-and-Sour Roasted Peppers
"The flavor of this juicy pepper combo improves the second day and can be made up to four days ahead," says Jane. "Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving and adjust seasonings, if necessary." Jane suggests buying the peppers at a farmers' market to make sure their skins are unwaxed.
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well. Pour vegetable mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note