- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 small tomato, quartered
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, milk, and egg; beat until smooth. Dip pork cubes in batter, coating well; deep fry in hot oil (375°) for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple chunks, juice, green pepper, 3/4 cup chicken broth , brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a large skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining chicken broth, stirring until smooth; stir into pineapple mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pork and tomato. Serve immediately over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This