- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 small tomato, quartered
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Combine flour, salt, pepper, milk, and egg; beat until smooth. Dip pork cubes in batter, coating well; deep fry in hot oil (375°) for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple chunks, juice, green pepper, 3/4 cup chicken broth , brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a large skillet. Bring to a boil.
Combine cornstarch and remaining chicken broth, stirring until smooth; stir into pineapple mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pork and tomato. Serve immediately over rice.