I made these today and used turkey stuffing mix instead of breadcrumbs and also added some fresh chopped parsley and baked them in the oven before adding to slow cooker with the sauce. They are delicious and hubby said they were tasty, even without the sauce. I will be adding these to my saved recipe rotation, very easy to make as well. Thank you.
These too-easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for your next party. Meatballs may be thoroughly cooked without sauce and frozen. Thaw and reheat with sauce.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen (serving size: 1 meatball)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 46
- Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Combine first 5 ingredients; shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove meatballs from skillet, and wipe skillet clean. Stir together ketchup and next 4 ingredients in skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers