I made these for my work Christmas party and they were a hit. Will be making these for my New Years party. Happy 2014!!
These too-easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for your next party. Meatballs may be thoroughly cooked without sauce and frozen. Thaw and reheat with sauce.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen (serving size: 1 meatball)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 46
- Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Combine first 5 ingredients; shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove meatballs from skillet, and wipe skillet clean. Stir together ketchup and next 4 ingredients in skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers