My family's favorite. Fabulous taste. Not bland like others.
Sweet-and-Sour Meat Loaf
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Chuck
- 1 cup dry Bread Crumbs/Croutons
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped (or 1 teaspoon Instant Minced Onion)
- 1 can (15 oz) Tomato Sauce, divided
- Reserved Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ground chuck, bread crumbs, salt, pepper & eggs. Add onions and half of tomato sauce. Form into loaf in 9x5x3 pan. Bake for 50 minutes. In saucepan, combine topping ingredients; bring to a boil. Before pouring over meat loaf, drain any grease off loaf; bake additional 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brookshire2237 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note