Sweet-and-Sour Fish Kebabs
A simple marinade featuring lime juice, brown sugar, and crushed red pepper adds a tangy sweetness to the mild-flavored grouper. These colorful kebabs are great for an informal patio dinner
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple (about 1/2 cored pineapple)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and black pepper.Thread fish, bell pepper, pineapple, and onion alternately onto 8 (8-inch) metal skewers. Place kebabs in a shallow dish; add marinade. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove kebabs from dish, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning kebabs occasionally and basting with reserved marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note