Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 medium zucchini cut into large chunks
- 2 cup(s) large pineapple chunks
- 2 medium red onions cut into large chunks
- 2 red bell peppers cut into large chunks
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- Preheat grill on medium high. Thread the chicken, zucchini, pineapple, onion and pepper chunks onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ketchup, maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, and hot sauce. Set aside half the glaze in a separate container, and brush the rest onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers until the chunks are lightly charred and the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Then use a clean brush to coat the skewers with the extra sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes