I made this and followed the recipe to the letter. My husband and I did not care for it at all- thought it would be better given the ingredients, but it lacked flavor.
Sweet-and-Sour Chicken-Apricot Skewers
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 5.7%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 479mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lemons (5 oz. each)
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- About 1/2 cup dried apricots
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, basil, and cayenne.
- 2. Rinse lemons and cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Discard ends and any seeds.
- 3. Rinse chicken and pat dry; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 4. Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto an 8- to 10-inch-long skewer. Fold 1 lemon slice around 1 dried apricot and thread onto skewer through both sides of lemon slice. Repeat to fill 4 skewers equally. Set skewers on a rack in a foil-lined 10- by 13-inch broiler pan. Brush jam mixture generously all over chicken and fruit.
- 5. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes total. If desired, set pan over high heat, add any remaining jam mixture, and stir, scraping up browned bits, until boiling; pour into a small bowl and serve with meat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note