Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 x 1/2inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced onion
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced fresh pineapple
- 1. Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken; stir well to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Combine broth, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, and next 4 ingredients.
- 3. Heat 1/2 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and next 3 ingredients to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4. Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in pan. Add chicken mixture to pan, and spread in an even layer; cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Sauté an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5. Return vegetable mixture to pan. Add soy sauce mixture and pineapple, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- for your toddler: Omit the chile paste; adults can sprinkle red pepper flakes over their portions. Cut a piece of chicken and a spoonful of vegetables into small pieces. Serve it over rice in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes