- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice, for serving
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- calories 482
- fat 20 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 114 mg
- sodium 669 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a 2-quart ovenproof dish.
Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft and pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, then cook for 1 minute more.
Add ginger, pineapple, vinegar, sugar and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into pineapple mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce becomes translucent, about 1 minute. Pour over chicken; stir to combine.
Cover and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve over rice. Garnish with scallions.