Sweet and Sour Chicken
Photo: Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe Rated stars out of 5 Rate This Recipe Read 42 Reviews Total Time: 30 min Prep 20 min Cook 10 min Yield: 4 servings Level: Intermediate Cooking the chicken over high heat quickly gives it a nicely browned look and taste without needing to deep fry. Fresh orange juice in the sauce and lots of vegetables keep the dish and the nutrition balanced.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger, Finely grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) Orange juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 6 ounce(s) chicken breasts, Boneless and skinless, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 teaspoon(s) peanut oil
- 6 ounce(s) chicken thighs Boneless and skinless, in into 1"
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2 bell peppers, Cut into 1" strips
- 6 Scallions, 6 scallions, whites cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, greens cut into 1-inch pieces and thinly sliced vertically into thin strips
- 8 ounce(s) Snow peas, Trimmed
- Cooked brown rice
- Peanuts for sprinkling, Chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice and cornstarch; set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken with 2 teaspoons oil and heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper and cook, turning occasionally with a wooden spoon, 2 minutes. Transfer the partially-cooked chicken to a plate. Reserve the pan.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the pan; add the peppers, scallion whites, and snow peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the reserved chicken; whisk the sauce again and add it to the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with the scallion greens and peanuts, if using.
- Nutritional analysis per serving (does not include brown rice and chopped peanuts) Calories 238; Total Fat 6g (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 2g, Poly Fat 2g) ; Protein 23g; Carb 23g; Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 49mg; Sodium 329mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janescully and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes