1. Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken; stir well to coat. Set aside.
2. Combine broth, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, and next 4 ingredients.
3. Heat 1/2 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and next 3 ingredients to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in pan. Add chicken mixture to pan, and spread in an even layer; cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Sauté an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
5. Return vegetable mixture to pan. Add soy sauce mixture and pineapple, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
for your toddler: Omit the chile paste; adults can sprinkle red pepper flakes over their portions. Cut a piece of chicken and a spoonful of vegetables into small pieces. Serve it over rice in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate.