Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots, cleaned and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cook carrots in a small amount of boiling salted water 10 minutes or until crisp-ender; drain and set aside.
- Combine vinegar and broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar and flour; stir well, and sprinkle in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until sugar melts and becomes a light golden brown. Gradually add vinegar-broth mixture, stirring to make a smooth syrup. Add carrots; cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables