Sweet-And-Sour Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 2.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.0g
- Carbohydrate: 10.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 slices lower sodium bacon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large nonstick skillet; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain; cover and keep warm. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; crumble and set aside. Pour excess fat from skillet, reserving any brown bits; discard fat.
- Add sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper to skillet, stirring to dissolve sugar. Return Brussels sprouts to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in reserved bacon.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables