OMG this is amazing. Thanks for your wonderful recipe. I just love to eat Sweet-and-Sour Brisket. I will try it at home. I am really excited. http://www.meattradeportal.com
This unusual and flavorful recipe received a high rating in our Test Kitchens.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (5-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- Place brisket in a lightly greased roasting pan. Sprinkle with soup mix and next three ingredients. Spread preserves on top of brisket. Add 1 cup water to pan. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 3 hours. Uncover and pour chili sauce over brisket; top with sauerkraut. Cover and bake 1 more hour.
- Remove from oven; let stand, covered, 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauerkraut and pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes