OMG this is amazing. Thanks for your wonderful recipe. I just love to eat Sweet-and-Sour Brisket. I will try it at home. I am really excited. http://www.meattradeportal.com
This unusual and flavorful recipe received a high rating in our Test Kitchens.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (5-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- Place brisket in a lightly greased roasting pan. Sprinkle with soup mix and next three ingredients. Spread preserves on top of brisket. Add 1 cup water to pan. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 3 hours. Uncover and pour chili sauce over brisket; top with sauerkraut. Cover and bake 1 more hour.
- Remove from oven; let stand, covered, 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauerkraut and pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This