Press your thumb into centers of patties, before grilling, for burgers that cook up flat, rather than domed, across the top.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hot red pepper jelly
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Toppings: grilled sweet onion and pineapple slices
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients. Reserve 3 Tbsp. mixture; cover and chill. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a shallow pan or baking dish.
- 2. Shape beef into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties; place in a single layer in soy sauce mixture in pan, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove patties from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center, basting occasionally with reserved 3 Tbsp. soy sauce mixture.
- 4. Stir together chili sauce and jelly. Serve burgers on buns with chili sauce mixture and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches