This is a delicious recipe especially if you're tired of the same ol' boring hamburgers. The only change I made was to carmelize canned pineapple tidbits, instead of using fresh pineapple as this is what I had on hand. The grilled onion, sauce and pineapple make a very savory, flavorful combination. My husband loved this recipe and I will be making these burgers again!
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapeño jelly
- 8 hamburger buns
- Toppings: grilled sweet onions, grilled pineapple slices
- Stir together first 6 ingredients; pour into a shallow pan or baking dish.
- Shape beef into 8 patties; place in a single layer in marinade, turning to coat both sides. Cover and chill 4 hours. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink, brushing several times with reserved marinade. Stir together chili sauce and jelly. Serve patties on buns with chili sauce mixture and toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This