- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hot red pepper jelly
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Toppings: grilled sweet onion and pineapple slices
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients. Reserve 3 Tbsp. mixture; cover and chill. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a shallow pan or baking dish.
Shape beef into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties; place in a single layer in soy sauce mixture in pan, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove patties from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center, basting occasionally with reserved 3 Tbsp. soy sauce mixture.
Stir together chili sauce and jelly. Serve burgers on buns with chili sauce mixture and desired toppings.