Swedish Rye Cookies
Yield: about 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rye flour
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add flour, stirring well. (It may be necessary to work flour into dough using hands. ) Cover with plastic wrap, and chill slightly.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Prick entire surface of dough with tines of a fork; cut with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Make a hole just off center in each cookie using a 1/2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
- Note: Leftover cookies may be placed in an airtight container and frozen for later use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies