Swedish Rye Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rye flour
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add flour, stirring well. (It may be necessary to work flour into dough using hands. ) Cover with plastic wrap, and chill slightly.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Prick entire surface of dough with tines of a fork; cut with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Make a hole just off center in each cookie using a 1/2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
- Note: Leftover cookies may be placed in an airtight container and frozen for later use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note