1. Soak bread crumbs in milk or cream for 5 minutes.
2. Add ground meats, eggs, onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt, allspice, nutmeg and cardamon.
3. Mix well and refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
4. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
5. Place on rack of broiler pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
6. Put browned meatballs in CrockPot.
7. Add 1/2 can beef consomme, pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
8. Cover and cook on Low 4 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
9. To thicken gravy, turn CrockPot to High. Combine butter and flour to make a smooth paste. Pour into meatball mixture and remaining 1/2 can of beef consomme. Cook until thickened.
Go to full version of