Swanson® Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Onions Soup
Start with roasted chicken, add carrots, celery, pasta and caramelized onions to end with a very flavorful soup in only 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked trumpet-shaped pasta (campanelle)
- Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until onions are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
Heat broth, black pepper, carrots and celery in 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir pasta and chicken in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 min. or until pasta is tender. Stir in onions and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews