As others have posted, I'm suppressed there are so many negative reviews. My family loves these bars. I have been making them for years and will continue to do so.
These no-bake bars come together quickly with common pantry ingredients. Make sure the cereal is well crushed (try packing it in a sealed zip-top plastic bag and using a rolling pin) so it incorporates into the peanut butter mixture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chopped lightly salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 1/2 cups (4 ounces) whole-grain flaked cereal (such as Total), finely crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) chopped dark chocolate
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts and cereal. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Place the dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut mixture. Score into 36 bars while warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note