Susan's Spaghetti Sauce
a chunky spaghetti sauce with lots of vegetables
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) onion, med to large diced
- 1 whole(s) bell peppers diced
- 3-6 teaspoon(s) garlic powder diced
- 1 pint(s) mushrooms diced
- whole(s) eggplant small to medium, peeled & diced
- 1 pound(s) ground beef diced
- 1 bottle(s) spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- Saute ground beef in 2-4 T olive oil, set aside.
- Saute all vegetables until reduced in mass. Add olive oil if needed.
- Add prepared spaghetti sauce and canned diced tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble, add ground beef. Simmer 15 to 30 min.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- To increase vegetable content, a small amount of carrot or rutabaga can be finely grated and added to vegetables during the sauté step. The spaghetti sauce can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of serving (improves with time).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SusanAStrobel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note