- 3-3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon or orange peel
- 2 stick(s) cold butter cut into chunks
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) raisins, or other dried fruit
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and citrus peel. Add the butter, one chunk at a time, and mix until the mixture looks like cornmeal. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix only until well blended. Fold in the dried fruit. Knead 2 or 3 times on a floured surface. Divide into 2 parts. Place on a parchment paper-lined or greased and floured baking sheet. Pat into discs about 1-inch thick. sut each disc into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with course sugar, if desired, and bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 16 scones.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
SUSAN'S SCONES Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads