Susan Mitchell's Favorite Blueberry Pie
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 2 cup(s) Blueberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water and 2 cups blueberries. Cook and stir constantly until boiling, clear and thick. Remove from heat and stir in 2 T butter and 1 T lemon juice. Let filling cool completely.
- In the meantime, blind bake a 9" pie shell and let cool.
- Stir an additional 2 cups of raw blueberries into the cooled filling. Pour into the pie shell.
- Topping 1: Blend together: 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle on top of pie and broil until golden. (3 minutes). You might consider a pie ring to protect the crust.
- Topping 2: Whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream with several T confectioners sugar (to taste). Spread over chilled pie immediately before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by feagurl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Susan Mitchell's Favorite Blueberry Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries
More Recipes for Main Dishes